PainterMar 23 2021
Paint metal, plastic, and other material as needed for signage in a paint mixing, paint booth environment; use a variety of equipment, tools, and spray guns according to Ruggles Sign standards and meet all shipping deadlines.
- Spray or hand paint all types of signage including metal, plastic, wood, as well as other materials & surfaces.
- Prepare signage for paint by removing debris from surfaces to be painted.
- Sand sign/material as needed to ensure an even surface
- Fill cavities and dents in material as needed to create an even surface.
- Mask or tape off other portions of the sign, material and components to avoid contamination.
- Select or mix the proper colors and substances for the sign.
- Use a paint spray gun and brushes to apply paint to a sign or a piece of material, determining the necessary application of paint for a thorough coat and checking for runs or sags in the paint to ensure a quality product.
- Must be mechanically inclined and good with hand tools.
- Keep all work areas clean and organized.
- Assess the quality of final product for proper manufacturing standards as set forth by Ruggles Sign.
- Ensure that the weekly & daily production schedule is completed; must be able to read and understand the weekly schedule and daily shipping schedule.
- Follow all United States Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Laws, Regulations, & Guidelines & Underwriter Laboratories (UL), or UL equivalent, standards.
- Work as part of the team; work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Follow all Ruggles Sign rules and policies.
- Must be willing to be cross-trained and move to other areas when needed.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. or more frequently throughout the shift • Ability to stand and walk 8-10hrs/day.
- Schedule vacation so that department remains functional.
- Overtime, night & weekend work may occasionally be required to fulfill the duties of a Painter.
- Work & communicate with internal employees, management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending sign, electrical and metal fabrication training workshops.
- Contribute to team effort by completing other responsibilities, tasks, & duties as assigned.
- Normal hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:00am – 5:30pm
- During busy parts of the year, more hours may be required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, technical school diploma or certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of specialty and/or automotive painting techniques in a manufacturing environment.
Automotive Paint Experience, Multi-tasking Abilities, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, Acute Vision, Ability to Work in a Team Environment, Prioritization Skills, Various Mechanical, Electrical, & Painting Tools, Follow Up & Communication Skills, Problem Solving Capabilities, Time Management & Prioritization
- Holiday pay
- Health & Dental Insurance
Pre-Employment drug screening required for Ruggles Sign, an Equal Opportunity Employer.