Assembly TechnicianApr 27 2021
Assemble and/or fabricate electrical and mechanical parts, pieces or products for use in all types of signage; use a variety of tools and equipment according to Ruggles Sign standards and meet all shipping deadlines.
- Assemble & perform in-house repair/maintenance on all types of signage and lighting.
- Must be mechanically inclined and good with hand tools.
- Keep all work areas clean and organized.
- Perform routine equipment setup & verify proper operation of factory machines within acceptable standards.
- Operate equipment & machines in the process of producing signage.
- Bending, sanding, cutting, fastening metal, plastics or other materials.
- Familiar with (or eager to learn) the following skills: metal/plastic work, welding, soldering, gluing, and wiring.
- Capability to learn how to prepare and assemble all types of signage
- Install LEDs, fluorescent lamps/bulbs, and/or neon lighting & components in signage.
- Solve sign fabrication, lighting, installation, & design issues on a daily basis.
- Assess the quality of final product for proper manufacturing standards as set forth by Ruggles Sign.
- Ensure that the weekly & daily production schedule is completed; must be able to read and understand the weekly schedule and daily shipping schedule.
- Ensure no deadlines are missed regarding ship by dates.
- Help manage stocking & reorder points for materials and assist purchasing with reordering.
- Follow all United States Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Laws, Regulations, & Guidelines & Underwriter Laboratories (UL), or UL equivalent, standards.
- Work as part of the team; work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Follow all Ruggles Sign rules and policies.
- Must be willing to be cross-trained and move to other areas when needed.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. or more frequently throughout the shift.
- Ability to stand and walk 8-10hrs/day.
- Schedule vacation so that department remains functional
- Overtime, night & weekend work may occasionally be required to fulfill the duties of an Assembly Technician.
- Work & communicate with internal employees, management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending sign, electrical and metal fabrication training workshops.
- Contribute to team effort by completing other responsibilities, tasks, &duties as assigned
- Normal hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:00am – 5:30pm
- During busy parts of the year, more hours may be required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, technical school diploma or certificate preferred.
- Experience with metal or plastic fabrication and/or basic electrical circuitry.
Various Mechanical & Electrical Tools, Electrical Experience, Follow Up & Communication Skills, Analytical & Problem Solving Capabilities, Customer Focus, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Multi-tasking Abilities, Time Management & Prioritization Skills
- Holiday pay
- Health & Dental Insurance
Pre-Employment drug screening required for Ruggles Sign, an Equal Opportunity Employer.