FabricatorApr 27 2021
Fabricate electrical, non-illuminated, and mechanical parts, pieces or products for use in all types of signage; use a variety of tools and equipment according to Ruggles Sign standards and meet all shipping deadlines.
- Perform in-house repair, maintenance & fabrication of all types of signage and lighting.
- Must be mechanically inclined and good with hand tools.
- Keep all work areas clean and organized.
- Perform routine equipment setup & verify proper operation of factory machines within acceptable standards.
- Operate machines in the process of producing signage.
- Bending, sanding, cutting, fastening metal, plastics or other materials as needed for various types of signage.
- Familiar with (or eager to learn) the following skills: metal/plastic work, welding, soldering, gluing, and wiring.
- Assemble raw materials for preparing, fabricating, & finishing of various types of signage.
- Ensure that the weekly & daily production schedule is completed; must be able to read and understand the weekly schedule and daily shipping schedule.
- Follow all United States Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Laws, Regulations, & Guidelines & Underwriter Laboratories (UL), or UL equivalent, standards.
- Work as part of the team; work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Must be willing to be cross-trained and move to other areas when needed.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. or more frequently throughout the shift.
- Ability to stand and walk 8-10hrs/day.
- Schedule vacation so that department remains functional.
- Overtime, night & weekend work may occasionally be required to fulfill the duties of a Sign Fabricator.
- Work & communicate with internal employees, management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending sign, electrical and metal fabrication training workshops
- Contribute to team effort by completing other responsibilities, tasks, &duties as assigned.
- Normal hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:00am – 5:30pm
- During busy parts of the year, more hours may be required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, technical school diploma or certificate preferred.
- Experience with metal or plastic fabrication and/or basic electrical circuitry.
Various Mechanical & Electrical Tools, Welding, Soldering Follow Up & Communication Skills, Problem Solving Capabilities, Customer Focus, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Multi-tasking Abilities, Time Management & Prioritization Skills
- Holiday pay
- Health & Dental Insurance
Pre-Employment drug screening required for Ruggles Sign, an Equal Opportunity Employer.