Sign Service and Install TechnicianApr 27 2021
Travel to customer locations to repair and/or install various types of illuminated or non-illuminated signage and electrical lighting as well as other customer requested activities.
- Travel to customer location to service, maintain, repair, and install all types of signage and lighting .
- Drive and operate company vehicles in a safe manner.
- Work at varying heights (from knee level to skyscrapers) to service a sign.
- Solve sign schedule, service, & installation issues on a daily basis.
- Bending, sanding, cutting, fastening metal, plastics or other materials as needed for various types of signage.
- Familiar with (or eager to learn) the following skills: metal/plastic work, welding, soldering, gluing, and wiring.
- Prep and paint signage, sign poles, etc. on site.
- Dig holes, pour footers, and all other activities needed for sign bases.
- Perform job site surveys.
- Create, revise, update Ruggles Sign database.
- Stock service truck with parts and supplies.
- Account for product and inventory on service trucks.
- Document actions and materials used by completing production, quality, and material sheets.
- Check in and out through phone, IVR systems as needed.
- Complete all related clerical duties and reports related to service calls, service records, & CDL documentation.
- Keep work area marked for safety and after project is complete, clean up area clearing all debris.
- Ensure no deadlines are missed regarding service or install by dates • Assist with building maintenance.
- Perform in-house repair, maintenance & fabrication of all types of signage and lighting.
- Follow all United States Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Laws, Regulations, & Guidelines & Underwriter Laboratories (UL), or UL equivalent, standards.
- Work as part of the team; work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Follow all Ruggles Sign rules and policies.
- Must be willing to be cross-trained and move to other areas when needed.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. or more frequently throughout the shift.
- Ability to stand and walk 8-10hrs/day.
- Schedule vacation so that department remains functional
- Overtime, night & weekend work may occasionally be required to fulfill the duties of a Sign Service & Install Technician.
- Work & communicate with internal employees, management, often spinning multiple plates at once.
- Normal hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:00am – 5:30pm
- During busy parts of the year, more hours may be required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, technical school diploma or certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of specialty and/or automotive painting techniques in a manufacturing environment.
Licenses / Certification:
- Motor vehicle license
- Safe driving record
- CDL (Class B) or willingness to get
Time Management & Prioritization Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Scheduling & Multi-tasking Abilities, Follow Up & Communication Skills, Analytical & Problem Solving Capabilities, Customer Focus, Flexibility, Various Mechanical & Electrical Tools, Basic Digital Camera Operation
- Holiday pay
- Health & Dental Insurance
Pre-Employment drug screening required for Ruggles Sign, an Equal Opportunity Employer.